Landing pages are a core part of any online advertising campaigns (Google Ads, Facebook Ads etc.).
This is because online advertising campaigns usually generate far more leads if people are sent to attractive landing pages containing clear information and a well designed lead capture form.
GetResponse is one of the best email marketing services available in the market, with great features and competitive pricing.
In recent years, GetResponse has shifted its focus from traditional email marketing tool, to all-in-one email marketing, e-commerce, and online marketing solutions.
In addition to the email marketing features is the GetResponse landing page and autofunnel creator.
This is a very useful and cost-saving feature to have in your email marketing tool box – given that leading landing page building tools like LeadPages will cost a minimum of $27/mo to let you build high converting landing pages.
GetResponse has also recently launched the GetResponse forever Free plan, which is a suite of free marketing software designed to help online businesses get new leads at absolutely no cost.
In this article, we are going to take a look at GetResponse landing page creator review, see how good it is and whether you can use it to build high converting landing pages and funnels.
We are also going to look at the best GetResponse landing page creator alternatives and answer some frequently asked questions about GetResponse landing page creator.
Let’s dive in.
- GetResponse Landing Page Creator Review – How Good is This Tool?
- GetResponse Landing Page Creator Pros & Cons
- How to Create a Landing Page With GetResponse
- GetResponse Landing Page Creator Alternative
- GetResponse Landing Creator Review – Conclusion
- Frequently Asked Questions About GetResponse landing page creator review
GetResponse Landing Page Creator Review – How Good is This Tool?
- Ease of access
- User interface (UI)
- Landing page editor
- Landing page templates
- A/B Testing
- User experience (UX)
Ease of Access
You need a GetResponse account before you can access the GetResponse landing page creator.
However, signing up for GetResponse is straight forward and can be done in under a minute.
User Interface (UI)
The LeadPages landing page user interface is a bit clunky and not that intuitive. This needs to be improved.
Additionally, you’ll also need to create a separate version of your landing page for both mobile and desktop.
This can be good in some ways as it let’s you build mobile responsive landing pages and hide parts of your landing pages that you don’t want mobile users to see.
GetResponse Landing Page Editor
The GetResponse landing page editor is a drag and drop which makes it easier for you to create high converting landing pages without coding, HTML, or CSS knowledge.
The landing page editor also allows you to make extensive use of web fonts. There is a very wide selection of Google fonts which you can use in your landing pages.
Given the wide usage of Google fonts in the online businesses and corporate world, this is a great feature as it will allow you to create landing pages that maintain your brand value.
Although GetResponse let’s you install racking cookies on your landing pages, you can’t do so in a GDPR-compliant way.
This is because in order to meet the EU’s GDPR requirements on cookies, and some US states’ data protection laws, you need to give users a clear mechanism to opt-in or opt-out of cookie use before cookies are run.
However, GetResponse doesn’t let you do this and the best you can get is to let users know that cookies are run on the landing page.
So in essence, many users may end up breaking the law by adding tracking cookies and Facebook Pixel on their GetResponse landing pages.
This lack of a proper cookie mechanism is a bit let down to the GetResponse landing page builder.
GetResponse Landing Page Templates
There are over 200 landing page templates available which is great for an email marketing service – even more than some landing page builders.
GetResponse also has ready-made WordPress landing page templates to help you set up your landing page on WordPress.
You can easily import/edit the templates by a single click, which will import the template to the landing page editor.
There is also a preview function which allows you to preview any landing page template and see whether it is good for you or not, before importing it into the landing editor.
Finally, GetResponse landing page templates are very responsive, which means that they will automatically adjust themselves to suit the device which the landing page is viewed on – mobile, desktop, or tablet.
Split testing involves sending a variant of your landing page to your visitors, monitor performance of each, and sending the best performing version onwards to your visitors.
GetResponse allows you to display different versions of your landing page to different visitors (or the same visitors) enabling you to evaluate the most effective copy/design.
User Experience (UX)
User experience is a search engine ranking factor and is great for building trust with your audience, which in turn will help increase conversions.
GetResponse landing pages offer great user experience such as responsiveness, speed, trust, and branding.
It also let you create a sense of urgency by allowing you to add a countdown timer to help you convince your visitors to make buying decisions.
The landing pages you create can be integrated with a wide range of analytics tools like Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Facebook Pixel, Kissmetrics and more.
GetResponse Landing Page Creator Pros & Cons
- Available on free version
- Drag-and-drop editor
- Over 200 ready-made templates
- WordPress landing page templates
- Great user experience
- Integrates with major analytics platforms
- Split testing
- Responsive landing pages
- Cheaper than many email/landing page tools
- Saves you a lot of money
- User interface is a bit clunky
- Can’t use tracking cookies/Facebook Pixel in GDPR compliant way
How to Create a Landing Page With GetResponse
- Go to Menu > Landing pages and click the Create landing page button.
- Select a template.
- In a popup modal, enter a name and click Use template. This will open the template editor.
Customizing the landing page template
- To edit text, double-click the text fragment you want to change and add your own text. The editing tools menu will become available. Use tools to change the style, format, and positioning of the text.
- To edit the sign up form, double-click the form to enable the additional editing option.
- Use the tools in the side toolbar to further customize the design of your template. You can add more sections, buttons, forms, shapes, video, social sharing icons, and PayPal buttons.
- (Optional) Add more page variants to A/B test your page design.
- Click the cell phone icon to generate a mobile-friendly version of your landing page make any changes you want.
- When you’re happy with your design, click the Next step button.
Editing landing page settings
- (Optional) In SEO settings, you can edit the page title and add a description. Adding a description helps your page become more visible in Google search results. Or, check the box for your page not to be indexed by Google.
- In Landing page URL settings, pick the URL for your landing page. By default, your landing pages are published at one of GetResponse’s subdomain. You can also publish it at your domain or directory. Learn how to assign your domain and change the DNS and CNAME records.
- In Subscription settings, select the list contacts will be added to when they sign up, set the double opt-in options, choose whether to add a contact to an autoresponder cycle, and set the thank-you page.
- (Optional) Add a tracking code to your landing page with Google Analytics and Google AdWords.
Publishing the landing page
Click the Publish button when you’re done. If you want to save the page as a draft, click the Save button.
GetResponse Landing Page Creator Alternative
No GetResponse landing page creator review would be complete without mention of the best alternative.
Well-known software for building high converting landing pages include ClickFunnels and LeadPages.
ClickFunnels is the best sales funnel/landing page software. It is solid, reliable, and comes with great features and ready-made templates to help you build beautiful and high converting landing pages.
Also see: GetResponse Autofunnel vs ClickFunnels
LeadPages is also one of the best/cheapest landing page builders, which can help you build beautiful and high converting landing pages & websites. It is packed with a lot of features to help convert your traffic to leads and customers.
GetResponse Landing Creator Review – Conclusion
Overall, GetResponse landing page creator is a great tool and has all the essential features of a landing page builder.
The landing page editor is a drag-and-drop editor which you can easily use to build landing pages without coding, HTML or CSS skills.
It comes with a bunch of ready-made landing page templates which you can use to create high converting landing pages in no time.
However, the user interface is a bit clunky which can be a little confusing and difficult for a beginner.
Frequently Asked Questions About GetResponse landing page creator review
Does GetResponse Have Landing Pages?
Yes! GetResponse has a free drag-and-drop landing page builder which allows you to build unlimited landing pages to gain new leads and subscribers.
The GetResponse landing page builder has over 200 free ready-made landing page templates which you can freely use to create your own design.
Rufai is a blogger and a digital marketing specialist. He enjoys helping others learn about different marketing tools and helping people achieve success online.